Sunday, September 14, 2008

Christina Applegate on Her Double Mastectomy


In an interview that aired Tuesday, August 19, 2008, Christina Applegate talked openly Good Morning America on his courageous battle against breast cancer and how it is 100% clear of the disease. Choosing not to undergo chemotherapy or radiotherapy, she opted for something more aggressive.

Even if doctors detected cancer in one of her breasts, she chose to have a double prophylactic mastectomy. When she tested positive for the gene of cancer, she knew what should be done.

"My decision, after seeking all treatment plans that were possibilities for me the only one that seems the most logical was to have a bilateral mastectomy. I do not want to return to doctors every four months for tests. I just wanted to kind of get rid of this whole thing for me. This was the choice that I made, and it was difficult, "said Christina Robin Roberts.

And his diagnosis? She proudly proclaimed itself to be free of cancer. I am absolutely 100% clear and clean. It does not spread and they are. I am certainly not going to die of breast cancer, "she said.

Not only has she received a certificate of good health, but Christina the next mission is collecting funds to see that other women can get the early detection of care they desperately need. It's wonderful to see her making the best of a difficult situation and also reach out to help others. It is definitely at the top of my list of favorite celebrities.


0 komentar: